How to use second-hand children’s products
Ms. Du is worrying about all kinds of children’s products piled up at home recently. Her daughter is 3 years old this year. She can buy toys, cribs, walkers, and many clothes that have been worn once or twice.Piled up at home, “It’s a pity to throw it away, it’s useless to keep it.”
Ms. Du looked sad when reporting this situation to reporters.
Coincidentally, Ms. Sun, who lives in Fengtai District, Beijing, also reported a similar problem to reporters. Because there are so many things, they even set up a small room to store children’s items. “We do n’t have relatives or friends to send it, what can we do?what?
If you do n’t need it, you can sell it. In this connection, the reporter interviewed relevant experts at Beijing Children’s Hospital. They said that in fact, these things they ca n’t use can be donated to the society or sold through an intermediary.
Now there are some companies in the society who are engaged in the second-hand transfer of special machinery products. They are responsible for purchasing second-hand products and then reselling them to consumers who need them.
In addition, the reporter searched the Internet and found that there is a similar second-hand market for children’s products on the Internet.
Such markets are generally divided into two types, one is replacement and inclusion of direct transactions; the other is the involvement of specialized intermediary companies to contact the two parties to reach a transaction.
The reporter just clicked on a few of these sites and saw that children’s beds, walkers, toys, clothes, even insulation bowls, baby music bed bells are everything.
Buyers and sellers are basically young parents, and some of them will exchange their opinions on various children’s products online.
During the interview, health was the biggest issue. The reporter learned that parents have two different opinions on this secondary market.
Ms. Du, who was troubled by the accumulation of baby products at home, said that she was optimistic about the second-hand market because it was a way to solve the parents’ problems, it was economical, and the recycling of goods was good for both buyers and sellers.
Therefore, Ms. Du said that in addition to selling her “backlog”, she would also consider buying something if appropriate.
Another Ms. Shao believes that the hygiene of second-hand things is not reassuring.
If it was sent by a familiar friend, she could accept it, but a stranger would have to divide it into something.
Walkers and children’s beds are too big. It ‘s too expensive to buy new ones. It ‘s okay to buy a second-hand item. However, you ca n’t buy second-hand clothes or toys. “What if the child is a little infected?Yes, it’s troublesome.
“As long as disinfection is done, some things can be bought, and such worry is not unreasonable.
Wu Hong, deputy chief physician of the Shanghai Children’s Medical Center, said that although there are not many children with infectious diseases, and even fewer can be transmitted through clothing, it is not impossible to meet one.
Moreover, even when they are bought and disinfected, parents still feel uneasy, so it ‘s better not to buy clothes, and import items such as baby bottles are definitely not buyable.
Toys and walkers are relatively safe, but the step of disinfection cannot be ignored.
Doctor Wang from the nursing department of Beijing Children’s Hospital reminded parents that disinfecting different toys at home is different.
Plastic toys can be soaked directly with disinfectant solution, while plush toys can be soaked with chemical fiber, cotton cloth is best not to use disinfectant solution, because disinfectant solution will discolor the toy.
The correct method is to wash it first and then expose it to the sun. If conditions permit, it will be safer to sterilize it with ultraviolet rays.
Dr. Wu also suggested that for walkers and other items, we must see if there is any paint replacement.
Because most of these items are metal products, once the paint is peeled off and the metal is exposed, the child touches it with his hand and accidentally puts it in his mouth, it is likely to cause lead poisoning, so be alert.